Monday, September 12, 2011

Journal In Class: Article from the Union-Tribune

How was your routine changed on Thursday afternoon and evening?
My routine was changed because it took me about three hours to get home, which is half of what it would take me in a regular school day. In the evening, I would usually stay home, but in this case, my family and I went over to my neighbor's house and chatted for a long time.

What do you really need in terms of electricity?
In terms of electricity, I think we need flashlights,perhaps a generator, and at least a cellphone to call the police in case of an emergency.

Were you surprised by the reactions of those around you to the loss of electricity? How/Why/Why no?

I was not surprised by their reactions because they were not freaking out, they were cautious due to the situation, but not frightened. I think this was because this had happened before in San Diego, just not for this long. Also because they were aware of why the blackout was caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment